Reminders and Helpful Hints
To keep your appliances and TVs in tip-top shape PLAZA recommends:
• NEVER leave home with your washer, dryer or dishwasher running! You may return to a flood or fire.
• If you are going on an extended vacation, it is recommended that you unplug your appliances and turn off the water supply to your home.
• Clean your dryer lint filter after every load to improve performance.
• Clean your dryer venting at least once a year to prevent fires and improve performance. (PLAZA carries the brush you need)
• Replace washing machine inlet hoses every 5 years to avoid a weak hose bursting and flooding your home.
(PLAZA recommends stainless steel washing machine inlet hoses).
• Is it time to change your refrigerator water filter? (PLAZA carries the filters.)
• To prolong the life of your refrigerator, clean your refrigerator condenser coils (under your refrigerator) every 3 months. If you have a pet once a month is recommended. (PLAZA carries the brush needed).
• To avoid odor in your front load washer, some manufacturers advise leaving the door open when not in use. Better yet, change to PLAZA’s less expensive laundry detergent that guarantees a “No Stinky” washer.
• Clean sugary spills immediately to avoid etching on your smooth top range.
• Clean your LCD TV screen every 3 months to avoid oxidation which clouds your screen. (PLAZA carries a great cleaner)
• Check your electronics surge protector. Is still working? Make sure it is a protector, not just an outlet strip.
Questions or concerns? Just give PLAZA TV & Appliance
a call or come in – they can help!